Spex is seeking an Entry Level Software Engineer with strong front-end skills to join our platform engineering team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for extending and enhancing our core web applications.
As a platform engineer, you will get to:
- Tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, multi-tier applications using a wide range of technologies.
- Work in Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices.
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
Spex is a growing insurtech business that is redefining the claims experience for insurance carriers and policyholders. Our innovative platform enables policyholders to get paid faster, while allowing them to move forward from tragedy with less pain, paperwork, and overall time spent. Our culture is dynamic, success-driven and committed to building a business that makes a difference and helps others.
Requirements & Qualifications
- You’ve built applications and can point to what you’ve done
- You have a curiosity about how things work
- You can jump into situations and make things better quickly
- You’re a good programmer and you write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability
- You understand there are always trade-offs in engineering and you know how to communicate those trade-offs
- You align well with our company values
Spex does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.