Overview: This feature is designed for bringing in multiple new projects at once. This feature can be used in conjunction with any system that has the ability to export to Excel (.xlsx only). Please note that Spex Import requires specific column headings and field settings for it to be successful.
- Prepare your Excel file for Import
a) Open the file to be imported and make sure the following columns match exactly- Claim #- Loss Type- Policy #- Date of Loss- Insured- Address- City- State- Zip- Primary Phoneb) Also confirm that each field is the correct field type:- Claim #, Loss Type, Policy #, Insured, Address, City, State, Zip, Primary Phone should all be “General”- Date of Loss should be “Date”
- Return to and log-in to the spex Dashboard (www.spexreport.com/admin)
- Click on the “Projects” button in the upper righthand corner
- Click on “Import Projects” in the upper righthand corner
- Select the correct file to import (NOTE: must be .xlsx - you may have to “save as” .xlsx) and click “Open”
- Spex will notify you of completion in the bottom righthand corner - if you’d like to review the freshly imported data, click on “Review details here” in the popup notice. You can, Alternatively click “Import History” and then on the corresponding row for your import (the most recent imports will display at the top).
- The Spex import tool is smart enough to recognize duplicate entries and bad data. If you click on “Import History” from the “Projects” page, you can view your history of imports and information such as how many new projects were created with each import, how many duplicates were found and if any projects failed to import for some reason.