Overview: Once you have created a project (through the Field or Dashboard “New Project” options or the Dashboard “Import”) there are several additional options available to you to provide your field inspectors additional information or insights. This article covers those additional options.
- Navigate to the project you wish to edit but first selecting the “Projects” button and then the correct project.
- Task Assignment: If you built this project through the “New Project” option, you will have already selected a task. However, if you have imported a number of projects and are assigning each task individually or would like to change the assigned task you’ll use this option.
a) Click the pencil to the right of the heading “Current Task”b) Assign To: Confirm or choose the correct “Assign To” optionc) Task: Select the correct Taskd) Due: Select the correct Due Datee) Notify when task is completed: Select the correct individuals to be emailed a notice when this task is marked as complete.
- Property Photo: While this is often the first photo a inspector takes, sometimes it’s nice to provide a visual que ahead of time if you have it available. To add a Property Photo:
a) Click on the “plus” button to the right of the Property Photo headingb) Browse to the correct photoc) Click “Open”d) You will see a dialogue in the lower righthand corner displaying the progress of the photo upload. Once it is complete, you will need to refresh the page to see the photo.e) If you wish to replace the photo with another, simply click on the plus button again.
- Internal Notes: This is a very useful dialogue box to be used for communicating any information about this particular inspection between the desk and the field. Whatever text is added here will never show up in a finished report so it can be populated with specific instructions, warnings or other important call-outs. To add internal notes:
a) Click on the “Pencil” icon to the right of the “Internal Notes” headingb) Enter your prefered text into the textblockc) Click “Save”
- Attachments: This can include any type of content that you think might aid your inspector in the field or be important to the finished report. Examples of common attachments include area overview diagrams, full property blueprints, FNOL’s, or supplemental insurance documentation. The following outlines how we organize content and what type of content we allow in each type of attachment.
a) Audio: m4a audio files - navigate to the correct file or files, select and click “open”b) Diagrams: .pdf or .png files - navigate to the correct file or files, select and click “open”c) Documents: You can upload any file type (note: not all file types will display a thumbnail or generate a preview if clicked on but will be exported on a final export if shared). Navigate to the correct file or files, select and click “open”d) Note: If selected, this option opens a dialogue box that allows you to write custom notes and adds it as an attachmente) Photos: .jpg, .jpeg or .png files - navigate to the correct file or files, select and click “open”f) Video: .mp4 files - navigate to the correct file or files, select and click “open”
- Pre-filling Structures, Areas and Inspection Content: You may have received inspection content ahead of time that you would like to add to the inspection. You may do so by creating the assumed structure and area for that content and then attaching that content to the correct area. Below outlines a use-case in which you have received drone footage pre-inspection.
a) Click “+ Add Structure” to the right of the “Structures Overview” headingb) Select the correct Structure from the list - in this case we will assume the property is a “house”c) Click “Save”d) Click “+ Area” to the right of the “House” headinge) Select the correct area of the house for this footage - in this case, we will choose roof. If the area has already been set up as a pre-set option in settings, it should automatically select the correct location, however, if you write in your own custom area, you may have to additionally select the area’s location (Interior v. Exterior)f) Click “Save”g) Click “+ Entry”h) Select the type of entry you wish to add. Your options are Audio, Diagram, Note, Photos and Video. In this example, we will select Photosi) Browse to and select the correct Photos- You can select one or more photos at a timej) Click “open” - you will see the progress of the photos being added in the lower righthand corner